Below is a photo from Sea Shepherd Conservation Society’s Cove Guardians, taken today in Taiji. Blood tinged waters are visible now as entire pod of 25-30 pilot whales are under the tarps in the killing cove. Whales are still alive and conscious being dragged to the butcher house. How can the mayor of Taiji claim that this is a humane killing method?
The killing tools of the Taiji fisherman. A sharp metal rod that is driven into the spine of a dolphin or whale. A plug is then inserted into the hole in an attempt to hide the blood. This is far from a humane way of killing. This process will cause paralysis but not kill and leaves a dolphin or whale still alive while being towed to the Taiji butcher house. Most of the dolphins or whales will drown while being dragged to the butcher house and those that do not are mercilessly slaughtered on arrival.
RIP Pilot Whales
- The Cove Runs Red: First Slaughter of the Season #tweet4taiji (voicefortheblue.com)
- Taiji Dolphin Drive Hunt & Slaughter #tweet4taiji (voicefortheblue.com)
- The Cove Runs Red: First Slaughter of the Season #tweet4taiji (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- The Japanese town of Taiji, made famous in the oscar-winning documentary THE COVE for its revelation of the town´s annual slaughter of hundreds of dolphins… (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- 2 Days 18 Bottlenose Dolphins – This is Taiji #Tweet4Taiji (voicefortheblue.com)
- Taiji Week 2 (oceanadvocatefl.wordpress.com)
- Taiji Dolphin Drive Hunt & Slaughter #tweet4taiji (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)